BRISBANE AIRPORT GROUND TRANSPORT
Curbside Pickup Instructions Brisbane International Terminal
Firstly, congratulations on becoming the latest DRIVER on the Sunshine Coast Private Transfers driving roster.
Sunshine Coast Private Transfers has a responsibility to ensure each of our drivers know exactly what Brisbane Airport Ground Transport expect of them.
Furthermore, drivers need clarity when it comes to Brisbane Airport Ground Transport parking at both the Domestic and International Terminals. There are two different pickup types Sunshine Coast Private Transfers offer clients;
1. Traditional Meet and Greet
Where drivers park in the Ground Transport parking area and walk inside the International or Domestic Terminal to meet clients, holding a name board with our client’s name on it, then assisting with their luggage out to the vehicle before driving to their destination.
2. Express Lane, Curbside Pickups
Some clients don’t require a meet and greet service. They prefer to have drivers pick them up curbside at the Brisbane City end of the Brisbane Airport International Terminal.
Brisbane Airport Ground Transport Parking for Professional Drivers
Brisbane Airport provides controlled access to designated pre-booked passenger loading zones for Ground Transport operators at
These zones are controlled by an electronic tag system and boom gate on entry and exit.
All vehicles are charged according to their length of stay in the GTO areas. This is achieved by reading the entry time of a vehicle, then the exit time and charging for the total time spent in the area based on the vehicle class.
Time-based charging ensures all GTO operators utilise the pick-up areas efficiently and hence ensure fairness by providing sufficient access
to all operators.
It also allows the operator to stay in the area if necessary, rather than circling around and re-entering.
curbside pickup instructions for brisbane airports international terminal
Brisbane Airport Ground Transport Operators park in one of two locations when waiting for their clients plane to land.
1. Brisbane Airport Ground Transport Operators Central Parking Area (CPA)
The Central Parking Area is located on Nancy Bird Way and provides free parking for all licensed operators to park and wait for their passenger’s flight before proceeding to the pick-up area.
Toilets, cafe and flight information boards are provided for use.
2. Brisbane Airport Service Centre
Drivers with Sunshine Coast Private Transfers usually wait at the Brisbane Airport Service Centre.
That said, if you have time to kill Brisbane Ground Transport Operators central parking area is a great place to park to sleep, especially if towing a trailer
Likewise, there is an Arrivals / Departures Board inside the Service Centre showing both arrival & departure times, in real time (usually a lot more reliable than flight apps).
Also, as a bonus The Coffee Club inside the Service Centre and the Domestic and International Terminals offer a very generous DRIVERS DISCOUNT on all orders… just ask the staff when ordering and point to your uniform.
getting from brisbane service center to ground transport parking
1. Exit the service centre and turn left, head south-east on Nancy Bird Way towards the International Terminal (see white arrows above image).
2. Enter the roundabout and take the second exit to continue straight, following the arrivals sign, staying in the right lane.
3. You will pass the Departures entry road / ramp on your right. The next right turn will be signposted “No Entry, Authorised Ground Transport Vehicles ONLY” (that’s you).
4. Turn right at this sign (keeping the sign to your left) and continue up the ramp. You should see the International Arrivals hall through the glass windows on your left.
5. Keep driving through the terminal (undercover) and down the ramp on the other side along Arrivals Road.
6. Follow the orange line in the image below to see where you turn into the Ground Transport parking area.
7. The boom gate at the end of the yellow line will open for you because your vehicle is fitted with an electronic Brisbane Airport Operator tag.
Curbside pickup instructions for Brisbane international terminal
Follow the below steps when executing a curbside pickup from Brisbane International Terminal (Ground Transport Parking Area).
1. Park your vehicle at the service centre, or in Ground Transports central parking area.
2. Monitor the incoming flight you are at the airport to meet.
3. When your flight lands send a text message to your client (to the mobile phone number in the booking notes)
Your initial text message should go something like this;
Hey Tamara, Simon here, your driver today. Reply to let me know your phone is on and that we are in contact.
4. If you do not receive a response from your initial text message (within 5 minutes of sending) call the client immediately.
Your phone script should go something like this;
“Hey Tamara, Simon here, your driver today… this is a courtesy call to confirm you received my text message…”
5. When you receive a reply or response send them a follow-up text message with curbside pickup instructions. Your second text message / instructions should go something like this;
“Nice to meet you, Tamara. Let me know when you are ready. If you turn left out of customs, walk past THE COFFEE CLUB towards the Brisbane City end of the terminal. Exit the terminal and walk down the ramp to Ground Transport parking. I will be at the bottom of the ramp in approx 5 minutes from when you ask me to leave. I am driving a white branded vehicle with rego plates XXX-XXX. See you soon. More detailed instructions are here should you need them: https://needaride.website/bia”
6. Wait for your client to message you with a nod to come over and pick them up. Use your discretion here and check Google maps to make sure there are no delays into Ground Transport at the International Terminal.
7. If there are delays head straight over and park if you arrive before the clients do.
8. Follow the gold arrows in the image below. Your clients should be waiting at the cul-de-sac (where the red box is or close to it).
If your client has not replied to your text message or phone call within 10 minutes of you sending your first message this transfer becomes a meet and greet immediately.
1. Drive straight over to Ground Transport.
2. Park your vehicle in the allocated parking area for your vehicle type.
3. Walk up the ramp into the arrivals hall, then stand in front of the Vodafone shop.
4. Hold up your name board with the client’s name on it just as you would if performing a client meet and greet in the first place.
5. All that matters now is that you recover the pickup by being in front of the Vodafone shop when your client walks out of customs and see their name on your name board.
“Remember if your clients walk past the Vodafone shop before you are there with their name on a name board…they will walk on by. Unless you know what they look like you won’t find them until they turn on their phone to call the office looking for you…”
what if my client is not at the meeting place?
1. Drive up to the cul-de-sac to pick up your clients. If they are not there, continue driving over to the allotted parking bay for your vehicle (see image below)
All our vehicles are 5-11 seats except our luxury sedan and bus…
2. Do not stop or park at the curbside pick up point. This cul-de-sac is for drive-by curbside pickups only.
3. Your vehicle can be parked in the alloted parking bay, just as you would if doing a meet and greet .
4. Call your clients to coordinate another pass by the pickup area. Alternatively, give them instructions to walk over to your vehicle where it’s parked (see below diagram).